Home Health Care
Holy Name Medical Center's Home Care Department provides a range of services to assist a patient's transition from the hospital back to the home. Patients will receive high-quality health care services while recuperating in the comfort of their own home. To help ensure this transition, a registered nurse is on call 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
In collaboration with the patient's physician, the health professionals of Holy Name Home Care can provide patients with a plan of skilled care and dependable support designed to meet the specific needs of each and every patient. Through the education and supervision of our licensed and certified staff, we strive to ensure that patients receive the highest standard of care available and are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and managed care plans, as well as commercial health insurance plans. Additional payment options are available upon request.
Getting a Referral
- Medical Center discharge planners can work with your physician to refer you to Holy Name Home Care.
- Referrals can also come directly from your personal physician's office.
- We will work with your physician to determine your home care needs.
For more information, please call Holy Name Home Care at 201-833-3740
Skilled Registered Nurses (RNs) will
- Manage all your care, coordinate changes with your physician, and recommend additional resources, when necessary.
- Perform skilled assessments of your health and home safety.
- Administer medical treatments and procedures.
- Teach you and your caregiver how to effectively manage your health needs.
- Physical therapists work with you to increase mobility and muscle strength.
- Speech therapists help to improve your communication skills and swallowing ability.
- Occupational therapists enhance your ability to perform routine activities and essential personal skills. In an effort to maximize your independence, they may recommend modifications related to the design and layout of your home.
Home Health Aides
- Home health aides provide personal care, meal preparation and assistance with your activities of daily living.
- All home health aide care is supervised by a registered nurse.
Medical Social Workers
- Offer counseling to aid you and your family in coping with illness or disability.
- Assist with long-range planning for care.
- Provide referrals to community resources, when appropriate.
We Provide Nutritional Care
- Registered dieticians (RDs) provide nutritional assessments, diet instruction and interventions, including the use of dietary supplements.
- RDs consult with the patient and caregiver to develop a plan for your adequate intake of food and fluids, and your understanding of special diets.
- Lifeline Emergency Response
- Hospice Care