State of the Art Facility
The facilities in the Institute for Clinical Research at Holy Name Medical Center comprise more than 3,000 square feet of floor space. We also conduct outpatient clinical trials in multiple therapeutic areas in the clinics located outside of the Medical Center. The Institute for Clinical Research is a state of the art center that acts as a resource for the clinical investigators, patients, and study sponsors. The Institute meets all the regulatory and industry standards for the conduct of clinical trials.
- Reception and registration area
- Waiting area for the study volunteers
- Multiple patient examination rooms
- State-of-the art conference room
- Specimen collection, processing, and storage area:
- Centrifuge machine
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- Specimen refrigerator
- Specimen freezer (-70°)
- Other Equipment:
- EKG Machine
- DEXA Scan
- Drug and device storage area: specially built to meet FDA requirements, industry standards, and regulatory guidelines. A medication refrigerator.
- A separate private room for the monitors with high speed internet connection. A fax machine and heavy duty copier are accessible to the monitors.
- Storage space for regulatory documents and study records.
- Quality assurance.
- Investigators' office, space for administrators and coordinators.
- The Medical Center premises include: pharmacy, radiology (CT, MRI, PET), clinical lab, PFT lab, sleep lab, EEG lab, cardiac catherization lab and other clinical testing facilities with round-the-clock coverage.