The Interventional Institute at Holy Name Medical Center
Interventional Radiology is an approach to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions and diseases without surgery. Holy Name Medical Center's team of interventional radiologists, cardiologists and other specialty physicians perform minimally invasive procedures using X-ray guidance and other imaging techniques to guide very small catheters through the body's blood vessels to treat the source of the abnormality. Under the leadership of John Rundback, MD, an international specialist in Interventional Radiology, Holy Name is at the forefront of this rapidly growing field of medicine.
Benefits of Interventional Radiology Procedures
- Most can be performed on an outpatient basis or require only an overnight stay at the hospital.
- General anesthesia is seldom used.
- Risk, pain, complications and recovery time are often significantly reduced compared to open surgery.
- Patients have access to a wide array of nonsurgical treatment choices.
- Many conditions or diseases that can't be treated with surgery respond well to an interventional approach.
- Interventional procedures are often successful on patients who could not find relief from other treatments.
Areas of Interventional Radiology Treatments
- Target therapies