Holy Name Medical Center's Surgical Service division includes nine operating rooms, a bronchoscopy suite, post-anesthesia care unit, and a 21-bed Same Day Surgery Unit. We provide a wide range of surgical services in the sub-specialties of:
- General surgery
- Gynecology and gynecologic oncology
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat)
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery (including breast reconstruction)
- Dentistry (including pediatric)
- Podiatric surgery
- Paxillofacial surgery
Also, Holy Name has recently acquired the following surgical technology.
- New ophthalmic lasers and retinal equipment for ophthalmologic/retinal surgical procedures
- Minimally invasive navigation systems for ear, nose, and throat procedures and total joint replacements, which enable the otolaryngologists and orthopedists, respectively, to more accurately diagnose problems and view the surgical field using three-dimensional images during a procedure
- Cryoablation and radiofrequency technology to treat prostate, liver, and neurological cancers and Gynocological issues. Additionally, Holy Name utilizes the technology that allows the capability to perform ROBOTIC prostatectomy and GYN ROBOTIC procedures.
Our experienced surgeon staff works closely with our highly trained anesthesiologists who administer general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and conscious sedation and have anesthesia staff specific for pediatric patients.
The Medical Center's Picture Archiving Communications System digitally processes and archives radiologic images. With the touch of a computer key, a surgeon will have access to access a patient's X-rays, CT scans, MRI studies, and other images during surgery. Having these radiologic results readily available can help enhance the precision and outcome of a surgery.
As an added benefit, viewing screens offer real time information to the family and friends of our patients. This information provides notice of any changes in their loved one's condition and notifies when they are out of surgery and recovering at their next location. A concierge is also on site in the waiting room to assist as needed.