Emergency Care Center
Holy Name Medical Center's award winning Emergency Care Center - both an accredited chest pain center and a designated primary stroke center - is equipped to handle life-threatening conditions with expertise and compassion. Each year, approximately 54,000 patients are treated in our ED by board-certified emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and registered nurses with certification in emergency nursing. We also provide paramedic training and other services through our Emergency Medical Service Education program.
The Holy Name Medical Center Emergency Department has received numerous accolades for its service to the community:
- The first Medical Center in the nation to achieve the JD Power and Associates Distinguished Medical Center Award for Emergency Service Excellence.
- A four-time recipient of both The Jackson Organization's Commitment to Excellence Award and the organization's number-one ranking in the United States for patient satisfaction.
- A designated Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission.
- An accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
The features for the center are among the most sophisticated in the tri-state region:
- 21,000 square feet of space.
- 41 treatment areas and all support services required to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Four quadrants around a central core area, including a fast track area for minor injuries and illnesses, and special treatment rooms for critically ill, pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Contiguous radiology and laboratory services.
- A location adjacent to and integrated with all radiology and laboratory services.
- Leading edge procedure rooms/specialty services.
- Dedicated rooms for major specialty services particularly for the management of mass casualty situations including decontamination and radiation detection.
- Patient and family friendly details.
- Privacy and comfortable surroundings for patients, their families and care providers.
- State-of-the-art technology that brings clinical and support information directly to the bedside to greatly enhance the emergency department experience for each patient.
As a New Jersey Department of Health-designated Medical Coordination Center, Holy Name is ready to handle large-scale emergencies. In the event of a major disaster or terrorist incident, Holy Name will partner with public health and emergency management system to provide regional planning and coordination of medical activities and resources.
Our Emergency Medical Services team
Holy Name Medical Center's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Department provides high quality pre-Medical Center life support services to our surrounding communities including:
- Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Hybrid ALS/BLS Ambulance Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Ambulance
- Special Operations
The first Medical Center-based Basic Life Support (BLS) provider in Bergen County, Holy Name's BLS professionals have recently joined our highly skilled paramedic teams to further enhance the EMS service. All of Holy Name Medical Center's emergency medical technicians (EMT) and paramedics (MICP) are trained in CPR, cardiac life support, trauma life support, incident command, HAZMAT and CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive) response.
We don't just provide EMS team services to the surrounding area, we also teach. We provide emergency medical education to paramedics and other first responders in our community.
For More Information: