Message to Prospective Students Regarding TEAS Test Administration
The Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing is happy to announce the TEAS exam will be administered using the remote proctoring service Proctorio through ATI. This will permit candidates to test at home. All candidates will need a laptop or desktop computer in order to take the TEAS test remotely. No iPads, tablets or phones can be used. In addition, all computer devices will need to have the following technical requirements:
- Microphone: Any microphone, external or internal
- Webcam: (320x240 VGA resolution minimum, can be internal or external webcam)
- Google Chrome must be downloaded and installed on device
- All testers must also have a government–issued ID (e.g. driver's license)
A full list of ATI's technical requirements can be found at www.atitesting.com/technical-requirements
PLEASE NOTE: The TEAS exam administered remotely through Proctorio on the dates listed are reserved exclusively for applicants to the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing. To take the exam on any of these dates, an admission application to the School of Nursing must be submitted first. The TEAS registration fee is non-refundable if paid and candidate's intent is not to apply to the Holy Name School of Nursing.
Register for the ATI TEAS exam at www.atitesting.com/teas/register. You will be required to create an account with ATI.
The cost of the TEAS Exam with Proctorio is $98.00 (This fee is non-refundable)
The TEAS will be offered at the following dates and times:
|Monday, May 4, 2020 – TEAS
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020 – TEAS
|Friday, May 8, 2020 – TEAS
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020 – TEAS
|Thursday, May 14, 2020 – TEAS
|Monday, May 18, 2020 – TEAS
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020 – TEAS
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – TEAS
|Thursday, May 21, 2020 – TEAS
|Friday, May 22, 2020 – TEAS
All prospective students for the RN, LPN-RN and LPN program tracks who still need to complete the TEAS testing requirement, please email Diane Vickers at email@example.com as soon as possible.
The deadline for submitting a completed admission application to the RN, LPN-RN or LPN program tracks has been extended to June 1, 2020. The successful achievement of a minimum score on the TEAS exam is an admission requirement for all program tracks.
TEAS Test Information for Prospective Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing Applicants
All applicants are responsible for reviewing and understanding ALL the information outlined on this sheet
- All applicants seeking admission to the School of Nursing's RN Program, LPN Program, or LPN-RN Program are required to complete the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam prior to the submission of an admission application. The ATI website is: atitesting.com
- The TEAS Test Administration Schedule for the School of Nursing can be accessed on the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing website under the TEAS tab. https://www.holyname.org/SchoolOfNursing/
- Please Note: The Holy Name Medical Center testing site for the ATI TEAS exam is reserved for Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing applicants only. If you are planning to attend another School of Nursing, do not register to take the exam at Holy Name.
- The ATI TEAS exam is designed to assess the applicant's preparedness to enter a nursing program. The 170 question test is designed to test basic academic skills in the areas of reading, math, science, and English and Language.
- The TEAS score will be utilized to rank eligible applicants who have submitted complete applications for admission consideration into the desired program track. TEAS scores will be ranked highest to lowest based on the number of completed applications received. The number of applicants admitted is dependent on the number of available seats in each program track for the academic year.
- Applicants achieving a total score of 60% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam are eligible to submit an application for the RN or LPN-RN Programs (50% or higher for LPN Program).
- If a total score of 60% or higher is not achieved on the TEAS, the applicant has the option to re-take the TEAS exam (50% for LPN program). The re-take date must be at least 30 days from the previous attempt. During the 30 day wait period, it is highly recommended students remediate if a score of lower than 60% is achieved. ATI offers a Focused Review free of charge focusing on the areas where improvement is needed. Applicants should access this Focused Review and remediate on weaker areas before re-testing. Information on how to access the Focused Review can be found on the School of Nursing website under the TEAS tab.
- The frequency for taking the TEAS exam is limited to three (3) attempts in one year from the date of initial testing. However, there is no lifetime limit for taking the exam (ex: If you took the exam 3 times between January 2018 and December 2018, you would be able to re-test again in January 2019, provided the newest test date is 30 days from the prior attempt).
- All TEAS exam sessions will be held in the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing located at 333 Hudson Terrace, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632.
- ATI does not offer refunds or permit rescheduling of the TEAS exam if an applicant is not able to test as scheduled.
- Applicants will register for the exam online through ATI after creating an ATI user account. Once an ATI account is established applicants can register for the TEAS test date of their choice. There are 20 seats available for each TEAS testing date at the Holy Name testing site. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is completed.
- Applicants will need to bring a valid state or government issued ID (valid driver's license or passport) plus their ATI username and password to the exam in order to test.
- TEAS scores will be available to applicants immediately following the exam. No ATI TEAS scores will be printed at the time of testing. The score will be available online through your ATI account.
- TEAS scores are valid for two years from TEAS test date to application submission.
- If an applicant tests outside of the Holy Name Testing site, they will be required to purchase a TEAS transcript through the ATI website and indicate "Holy Name" as their institution on the transcript request. ATI will send the transcript electronically to the School of Nursing.
- Calculators will be provided during the math portion of the exam. Scrap paper will be provided by the test proctor and collected after the exam.
- A study guide for the TEAS exam (ATI TEAS Study Manuel, 6th Edition) is available in ATI's online store or from secondary vendor sites. It is highly recommended applicants review the study guide before taking the exam. Other TEAS study resources are available for purchase through ATI's online store under TEAS. There are a variety of other TEAS test prep resources available on the internet, including web-based practice questions. Please refer to the TEAS tab on the School of Nursing website for more information on TEAS prep resources.
- If the minimum score of 60% is not achieved (50% for LPN program), it is recommended that applicants utilize the ATI TEAS Focused Review which is available through your account. The Focused Review will highlight areas for improvement and provide feedback to increase scores for future attempts.
- The cost for the ATI TEAS exam for the Holy Medical Center School of Nursing is $93.00 per testing administration.
- No refunds are granted once registration is submitted. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is submitted.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled test administration start time. Late arrivals will not be permitted to test once the exam has started. No refunds will be given to late arrivals.
- Applicants requesting testing accommodations for the TEAS exam may qualify for reasonable accommodation. The request for testing accommodations must be received by the School of Nursing at least two weeks prior to the scheduled TEAS exam test date. Please contact the School of Nursing Coordinator of Student Services at 551-248-4601 for more information on obtaining testing accommodations.
- TEAS Exam Sessions are timed in accordance with the ATI TEAS exam administration policy:
||Number of Questions
|English and language usage
- Please contact the School of Nursing Admissions Office at 551-248-4601 with any additional questions regarding the TEAS exam or School of Nursing admission process.
Please note: Admission applications for the 2020 Fall RN Program will be accepted until June 1, 2020. The TEAS exam must be completed with a score of 60% or above (50% or above for LPN program) by this date to be considered for admission.